Saturday, November 10, 2007

A surprise

My mother and I were chillin' at home for the evening as all the boys went to a movie, so I decided to go relax for a bit in the hot tub alone. As I was outside I heard some leaves crunching and I automatically pushed aside stalker thoughts and other such things and decided it was the wind making them crunch. As I was looking around I noticed in my dads crab apple tree a large black spot. When I got closer I noticed it was a large porcupine, and then noticed a second one starting to go in the tree as well. I always thought porcupines were little small things fitting in your palm, but these are between the height of my knees to my waist. Here are some pictures my brother Ryan took of them, there's actually 3 of them that come in the evenings.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Right in the city! The little tiny guys are hedgehogs.

    Those porcupines are huge.

    Good to see you at the chocolate factory!

    aunt linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. dad loves those guys.....he doesnt have to pick up the apples off the ground although now they climb up in the trees for them and we dont have a dog for them to torture. Think Ill watch my grandbabies very close though, no night games around here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw one crossing the street one day near Ashley Jehan's house(on the end of the lake houses...at the lake access closer to the esso) near the access for boats. It was probably at around midnight at least driving home back from her house to mine. I near for sure it wasn't a big cat or a dog, and sure enough when I got closer to it, it was a procupine. It snuck into the neighbor's yard right on the corner their, through the big hole in their fence.

    That was at least 3 years or more ago.
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete