Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kids names

This is a post I put on my Uncle Jeff's blog as a guest post awhile back, I thought I should have it on my blog as well.


How we chose our kids names. The first name we wanted them to be different and unique. The second name is a family name with first boy and girl being named after there parents.

Zoë Michelle:

Zoë: I chose the name Zoë, it was a name I have loved for many years. I first heard it when my sisters friend was trying to name her baby and she was thinking Zoe and I said that sounded so funny and for some reason she had to keep repeating that name to me cause i kept thinking it was Ziggy. She never named that baby Zoe and after awhile I started liking it more and more. Lee also took quite a bit of convincing to get the name I wanted. We never found out what the baby's sex was until the day she was born so we had to figure out boy and girl names. After my whole pregnancy of saying the name Zoë for a girl Lee started liking it more each day as well. What made him give in was that he got to spell it the way he wanted which was having the french diaeresis ë. Lee served his mission in Quebec so was happy to bring some french influence into the name.

Michelle: This one is easy to explain, it's my middle name. I wanted my baby to be named after me but not my first name which I hear all the time.

Dreyton Leland:

Dreyton: this name was another name I chose, it took awhile to figure out a name for Dreyton. Lee and I had a hard time with choosing a name as the ones we wanted seemed to be very popular right now. Jacob, Ethan, and Preston were our top names at the beginning but they were too popular for our liking. One day I was just thinking about all the little boys I knew from daycare, and Dreyton popped in my head. Dreyton was a VERY cute boy, a little bit of a trouble maker but was such a cuddler too. I instantly loved that name for my baby as soon as I remembered it but again it took a bit of convincing for Lee to agree with the name. It wasn't because he didn't like it but because he wanted to name our first boy. An xbox360 (nintendo system) later the name was chosen.

Leland: well I hope everybody knows where this name came from, Lee's first name. Lee actually has two middle names James and Haines, Haines is Lee's mom's maiden name. After picking the first name Dreyton, Leland was a better sounding name to have as a middle name and I really liked that name more then the other two names.

If we had the ideal situation a boy and a girl next we already have the middle names picked out. I am not going to say what they will be until they're here but they are names from our grandparents.

7 comments:

  1. I loved this post when you put it on Jeff's blog, I still love it! Wise choices on the names, suits them both somehow. Unohoo....I'll sign anonymous if google crosses me up yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea K., to post this on your blog too. i must agree, those are great sounding names, combination wise. perfect for both your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what does Unohoo mean and where did it come from Shorty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marion Naylor4/1/09, 6:41 PM

    Out of my addled brain, Stretch. Now say YOU KNOW WHO, and then say UNOHOO. Now, do they sound alike?
    Haha Gotcha. Still looovvveee that picture of Zoe, and no I don't know how to do the two little dots over the "e". Sorry about that, Leland. By the way, last time we heard from you was on Ahhh! Spiders! THREE WEEKS AGO! Would it be time again, do you think? Maybe try cockroaches? Unohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heh heh, i know how to say Zoë with the diaeresis. Kristy told me how she does it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. unohoo is the name granny made up to comment on my blog when she was having trouble with google recognizing her.
    seems somebody fixed it.

    (btw, she likes to be dramatic).

    ReplyDelete
  7. your names sooo suit your kids. so cute!

    ReplyDelete