Thursday, December 2, 2010

December is here

Today we started listening to Christmas music, doing Christmas crafts, our Christmas decorations and tree are up, and I am now starting to feel the rush of Christmas shopping.

I was able to convince Lee of getting a real Christmas tree this year, I LOVE having a real one, I love the smell and the look of them. When we were picking out our tree from ikea they were all tightly strung up and they looked SO tiny, so we decided to pick the largest one, which still didn't look that big. Once we got home and cut the rope it was WAY bigger, I love it.

I have been really wanting turkey lately, so today I made a small turkey for dinner. While I was cooking, the kids surprised me with an impromptu dress-up dance together, to the Christmas music I was playing.

Dreyton is almost 3, crazy! He is extremely independent, needs to do everything himself. He is very eager to help me when I ask him to do something. He is in a sports class right now which he gets so excited for.
Dreyton was doing a craft in this picture, and he was trying really hard to colour all the letters in the picture. When Dreyton is in the middle of doing something he can have amazing concentration where nobody can break it, especially with anything puzzle related.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree. And beautifuller kids. LOL

    Have a glorious Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous, such fun in December.Nice play costumes....wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marion Naylor12/4/10, 1:34 PM

    I LOVE your tree...I'm just imagining how lovely it smells too! Makes mine look pretty sick. Oh well, at least it's better than the poplar tree I put up when I was a kid, with paper chain and stringed popcorn. decorations.

    ReplyDelete