Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cake Decorating level 2

I just finished my level 2 cake decorating classes at michaels. This level you only made one cake at the end and learned how to do mostly flowers the other weeks. I really enjoyed making this cake, I love the basketweave technique and the rope border. We made the flowers out of royal iciing which makes it not really edible, more for looks.




I made this bird out of color flow iciing. Zoë got her hands on the container and broke the bird before I could put it on the cake

7 comments:

  1. Now this is a worthwhile course! The basket weave is absolutely fab! Wonderful colors. Congratulations, my talented granddaughter...next you can handle butter icing on the flowers so Lee can eat them, right? I love this, you'll soon graduate to wedding cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is a unbelievable job. Your many, many talents never cease to amaze me. I dont have a clue where you get them from except that you have such determination to succeed and accomplish so many things. I can only guess its from previous generations.That stubborness comes in handy too. Im proud to be your mom but cant take a minute of credit on this one. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm.... cake. But that's so muc icing to eat. I'd scrape most of it off I think. The Blue Jay(or blue bird) is great too. Your basket weave looks really good too. Looks like you're having fun... like the smile on your face with you final product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a beautiful cake. You are very talented. I can hardly bake a cake let alone decorate one. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kristie! That takes talent!!! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow thats crazy!! good job. I can't belive you didn't invite me over for some!

    ReplyDelete