Friday, July 29, 2011

Past 24 hours

I have had the most interesting 24 hours....

9am - my sisters water started to break so by 11ish we got ready and headed to the hospital while we handed the four kids to my mom. They said since it was quite busy and she hadn't started regular contractions yet they'd send her home until 9pm to see if her body would start on her own.

While we were waiting I had a dr's appt as I was quite concerned with this pregnancy. If I wasn't told I was pregnant through a test I would not know I was pregnant, I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms thus far (knock on wood). There were many pregnant friends and family members that were even earlier then me who were quite sick and it just felt odd that I wasn't at all. So my Dr. booked an early ultrasound to make sure the baby was growing and there was a heartbeat.

I had booked that ultrasound for today at 11:30am.

9pm - we headed to the hospital and she got induced and had the baby 6:30ish. I loved being on the other side of labour, and just to watch instead of being the one in pain, especially since I have cesareans, it was quite different.

My #4 Nephew's name is Makai Jace Bailly and was such a little boy at 6 lbs, 6 ounces. I loved every minute holding him in the hospital, he's SO cute. I will post a couple pictures up once Dayna is home with him and he's been bathed.

I left around 9am and headed home to get ready for my ultrasound. I drank WAY too much, and was SO uncomfortable. BUT I am happy to say this baby is healthy, and growing, and I was able to see the heart beating which was a huge relief to me.

Once I was done with the ultrasound I went and got my kids from my parents house and crashed on the couch... while the kids got into marshmallows, gum, kool aid crystals and whatever else...luckily Lee came home a little early to rescue my neglected kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment