Sunday, September 14, 2008

Visitors

We had Lee's parents come this weekend and we went to the science center. It was really neat as we went to see the body worlds which are deceased bodies and they have been plasticized to make them very educational. The most interesting ones to me were seeing the lungs of smokers, so gross! You could definetely tell who smoked and who didn't. Also seeing what a tumour looks like, or a stomach ulcer etc.


The next day Lee had a talk in church so Neil and Carole were able to help me out with Zoë and Dreyton, I have been SO happy as Zoë has gone and LIKED nursery the last two times we went.

Naptime

3 comments:

  1. oh kristy....carol and neil are gonna disown you on that last picture! That is most amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a good job I was in the background or war would have been declared! Power naps are a Haines tradition long before scientist found out that this was good practice. That's how my Dad could work leaving home at 4:30am getting home at after 7:30 pm almost every day of the year. He power napped at his Mom's home, near his business. Winston Churchill & a myriad of other high achieving notables do the same. The question remains - how long does the nap last to make it powerful??

    Thanks Debbi for your accurate insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny. Naptime...haha. I would've loved to see the world of the bodies. But I would like to see the comparison of someone who hasn't been near any second hand smoke, some who has, and a smoker. Just to see the actual difference and how much better our world would be without smoke. I recently went to the Millarville xmas craft sale. Someone was standing right in front of a booth and smoking. They blew their smoke right in my face and I started hacking and wheezing like crazy. My chest got really tight because of my asthma. We told that person that they have no consideration for others when smoking.

    ReplyDelete